- Sample of garments created in the Advanced Knitwear Module
In this module you will learn to work with stretch fabrics and design and pattern draft stretch blocks, create your own styles and experiment with pattern shapes. Blocks covered will be:
- Leggings – basic and apple peel
- Polo Shirt with collar and placket
- Zip up hoodie.
- Kimono and Raglan Sleeves
Work with advanced designs to learn how different knit fabrics shape and drape.
Garment Construction Fabrics : T-Shirting both high and tight stretch, Lycra and Sweat shirting, ribbing for bands
Garments to sew: Leggings, Zip up Hoodie (Design Brief) also samples to expand knowledge of working with stretch.
Learning Outcomes: Learn how to sew and work with knit fabrics,
- Polo Shirt: Collar, Placket, Buttonholes Construct,
- Leggings: Elasticated Waistband,
- Fitting in stretch fabric
- Zip Up Hoodie with Zip, Hood, Ribbing cuffs and bands, Drawstring
Your investment: Knitwear – $1999, plus $275 Materials
Day Class 2 days for 12 weeks
or Evening 6.30 – 9.30pm for 9 months
we follow the Secondary School Holidays, no class during this time
For these classes you must have taken our Diploma or Saturday Patternmaking Course, or have patternmaking experience.
Classes are limited to 8 students per module
Enquire Now for next course