The course is as follows:
- Garment Construction
- Pattern drafting
In Garment Construction you will sew samples to learn and enhance your sewing skills, understand the garment construction methods, and then create patterns for those garments.
You will create the toiles (calico) for the blocks and create fashion garments from those blocks. There will be plenty of scope for creativity.
You will use our industrial sewing machines, while you may have a domestic machine at home, industrial machines are faster, smoother, and you will find that once you have used one you will want to add this workhorse to your sewing studio.
In Patternmaking the student will learn how to create personalised blocks for a:
- T Shirt
- fitted Shirt(dress) and sleeve
and many adaptations so you understand the design process.
You will receive a Certificate of Completion in Apparel Creation Level 3 from the Academy.
Starts 17 July 2017- 2 days per week, Monday + Tuesday, 9.30am to 2.30pm for 3 terms.
We follow the secondary school holidays and appropriate term breaks.
Because of the modular nature of the Apparel Creation Course you too can complete this course at home. Start with sewing and move onto the Patternmaking developing your skills as you move through the course.
Broken down into its parts, there are:-
- Learners samples – develop mastery of the sewing machine
- Skirt samples – increase your techniques and learn how to construct a basic skirt – Pattern draft a skirt and adaptations
- Knit samples – increase your techniques and learn how to construct a basic knit top – Pattern draft a knit top and adaptations
- Fitted bodice block samples – increase your techniques and learn how to construct a 5 different fitted tops in sample size – Pattern draft a fitted bodice block and adaptations
- Trouser samples – increase your techniques and learn how to construct a basic trouser – Pattern draft trousers and adaptations.
We know life intrudes in distance study so we estimate you will complete this course at home within 3 years it all depends on how much time you commit to the course. By putting aside 5 hours for 3 days per week to work on your samples and patternmaking you should complete the course in 2 years.
You may start this course at anytime
- Your investment for this course is Tuition $2795 Sewing Kit $97, Patternmaking Kit $222.45