- manipulate darts in different positions and examples of how to adapt the basic blocks to your own creative designs.
- transfer your draped-fabric pattern onto paper and adjust the pattern to your size.
- discuss bias draping techniques
- discussion on fabric choice
- advice on completing garments
- Misty will demonstrate a draped pencil skirt with pleating in a knit fabric and a draped jacket in woven or knit (chiffon/knit)
- the student will practice draping with pleating, gathers, twists, tucks to create original designs or recreate amazing vintage designs
- Brief discussion on:-
- the history of draping,
- the use of draping today,
- iconic draped designs and famous designers.
Visit Misty Lang’s pinterest board on Draping for inspiration and examples of creative draping techniques.
There are mannequins to use in the lessons.
The course fee of $250 includes some materials ie., notes and fabric used during the course. You will need to bring your own scissors, tape measures, rulers etc.
The course will be offered on:
Wednesday – 9.30 am – 2.30pm
Dates 17th August 2016 and 24th August 2016
We only accept 8 students per class.