Depending on your project you will learn new techniques even up to couture standards.
- Whether it is womens, mens or childrens clothes, using overlockers or trying new stretch fabrics or knits, our friendly seamstresses cover all the basics.
- How many UFO’s (un finished objects) do you have in your closet? Bring them along and we will help you finish them. We are expert in getting the fit just right.
- There is always something new to learn and and the cross pollination of ideas and techniques is mind blowing.
We have Adele Walsh
experienced professional dressmaker available on Tuesday evening workshops. Adele’s attention to detail will ensure you will have a perfectly constructed garment. Adele makes the process painless and fun!
Misty Lang – fashion designer from Newmarket – takes the Monday morning classes, Misty is a fount of knowledge and will take your creativity to the next level.
- Sewing machine (or you can use ours which are proudly sponsored by Bernina)
- Pattern you can browse the Easy Sew patterns on line, these are suitable if you are beginner.
- All the supplies to complete the project (buttons, zips, interfacing)
- Fabric, if you are not sure where to go, give us a call and we can help.
- We stock some habadashery – zips, buttons, threads, interfacing, at the Academy if needed.
- Tools – scissors, pins, quick unpick (seam ripper) – we can supply a complete kit for $97, please order on the enrolment form
GARMENT CONSTRUCTION SUPPLIES KIT
- 1 x Small sharp pointed Kai Scissors
- 1 x Tailors Chalk
- 1 x Assorted hand sewing needles
- 1 x Seam Ripper
- 1 x Magnetic Pin Cushion
- 1 x Kai Dressmaking Scissors 220mm
- 1 x Snips
- 1 x Pouch for Sewing supplies
- 1 x packet Dressmakers pins
- 1 x Tape Measure
- 1 x Point Turner