The Pattern making course is designed so you can make unique garments that fit you.
The results will astound you using this specifically developed patternmaking course.
Skills to enable you to create styles yourself rather than taking a ready-made pattern, and adapting it with less than satisfactory results.
Following on from the Building Blocks of Fashion in this structured course the Academy starts you at the beginning of pattern making utilising our own developed adaptations.
You will learn the skills required to adapt the blocks to any style that you desire.
- Basic Skirt Block used for as many styles of skirts as you can imagine.
- Basic Trouser Block used for all your trouser patterns.
- Basic Bodice Block used in a large range of tops and dresses
- Fitted Bodice Block ideal for fitted shirts and dresses.
The Beginners Pattern Making course will take 4 weeks to complete over 4 Mondays or Saturdays 9.30am – 2.30pm (Dates to be confirmed).
Day – 5 hours per day Saturday 9.30am – 2.30pm
22 April, 29 April, 13 May, 20 May 2017
- Practical classes every Monday or Saturday and home study in between the lessons.
- When you complete the course you will receive a Certificate in Apparel Production Development – Patternmaking (Level 4)
Evening – 3 hours per evening + home study 6.30pm – 9.30pm – $480.00
- Week 1 and 2 – Adaptations for Skirt
- Week 3 and 4 – Adaptations for Fitted Bodice Block
- Week 5 and 6 – continued
- Week 7 and 8 – Adaptations for Pants
You will create standard adaptations from the instructions and send them to the Acadmey for assessment and feedback. Once you have finalised the standard adaptation you will create your own garment, photographs of your toile (calico) will be sent to the Academy for assessment and feedback. We are with you every step of the way.
As you will have your tools from the Building Blocks of Fashion you will only need to provide
- 4 – 5 metres of fabric for proving your designs.