for the complete course is: $2700.00 Instalment plan available on request. All fees paid in full
from students both local and international are protected by the Public Trust’s Fee Protect
Student Fee Trust Account for the time it would take to complete this course which we estimate to be 44 weeks. If required and pre-arranged, lessons on campus are available for a fee.
Using our new patternmaking system and template you will create blocks and extensive adaptations for:-
- fitted bodice
Combining adaptations will allow your imagination to soar.
Course materials will include:
- 1 x Patternmaking manuals
- 1 x Unique Patternmaking Template
You will need to supply: – Fabric, sewing notions and pattern making equipment as required to complete your projects.
At the very minimum you will need
- 1 x French Curve – a Sew Easy French Curve in mm
- 1 x 1m Ruler – or at least 60cm
- 1 x Ruler clear plastic showing mm’s and clearly delineating 1cm from the ruler line – helpful for putting on cutting allowances.
- tracing wheel – to transfer working pattern to your block, and mark darts etc.
- Newsprint or large paper 80cm wide is acceptable. The smaller width of paper the more tape you will use.
- Sellotape or Scotch tape
- Pens and pencils
We also have a patternmaking kit which we recommend as our system uses these tools the Kit contains
1 x Mechanical Pencil 1 x Eraser 1 x Scotch Magic Tape 1 x Pencil Case 1 x Set Square 1 x Tracing Wheel 1 x French Curve 1 x Paper Scissors
You can either order a kit from the Academy or from the specialist supplier in your home town.